Thursday, February 14, 2008

And So It Begins . . .

I'm officially a blogger. Again I am stepping into unfamiliar territory. Who knew writing a manuscript could get so high tech. Years ago I thought all you needed was a good imagination and a pad of paper. And of course years to churn out that masterpiece, tweaking and tugging into place so you can stand back and admire it with unhurried pride.

And that's when I woke up.

I've since learned writers had dual lives. I like to think of it of as a (Superhero / heroine) syndrome. They're nurses, doctors, hair dressers, cashiers --- heck even judges! They're cranking out one to three books a year, blogging, networking going to conferences. And still they manage to juggle careers, family life --- then once again when the muse strikes, they're on the case, tackling a story until they get their desired end. Of course the people who are closest to them know when they're on the next lead. The writer has that far off look, their listening and yet . . . well their thoughts are on the next page of their life.

No comments: