Sunday, November 23, 2008

We Got Our First Christmas card The Other Day

Our autumn was almost spring-like, I could almost make myself believe we miraculously bypassed winter (at least I had fanciful thoughts about it) than two days ago the snow came and along with it our first Christmas card. Suddenly, I felt behind in all the things I had to do –cards to write and presents to buy. I think a certain amount of anxiety comes along with it. Would you believe my dreams are filled with Christmas shopping? I have a list of people I want to get gifts for, the malls are always disorderly in my dreams and I can never find what I want.

Usually, I’m ahead of the game and start my shopping at the end of summer but I find the older I get the faster the season comes upon me.

No matter the hectic pace and extra things to do, Christmas is always one of my favorite holidays. I love the music, the bittersweet songs that were played when I, my parents, grandparents and great grandparents were children.

Last year I lucked out and adopted an animal from WWF for my nieces and nephews. I was surprised with how much they liked it. Their ages ranged from six to sixteen and the idea that they helped save an animal went over real big. The plush animals you get with a donation were adorable. I’m tempted to do it again this year, so they can have a collection of them.

So far the animals I adopted for the kids are;

the Polar Bear
Snow Leopard
Tiger
Cheetah and
Lion

There’s so many to choose from and I admit; I like seeing the package when it comes in the mail and getting the first look at the symbolic animal.

This is the link if you’re interested in browsing through WWF’s selection.

http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/site/R?i=ZKw0PNEdRAc_5b-S43p48w

They have other gift ideas too, but personally my favorite was the plush animals.

No comments: