Sunday, April 19, 2009

Writer’s Muddle

.
I’m three quarters into my current manuscript; the hero and heroine are finally getting along and now I have to disrupt the whole thing. I have to shatter their world and break them apart but the problem is how?

This is the part writer’s refer to as Middle Muddle; it’s easy to get stuck here. But it’s a part where you must gear up and plow your way through to the end. One good way is to drop a thread at the beginning of the story where you can pick up and tangled their lives once again. I’m at that crucial point right now and hope I don’t drop a stitch and leave a gaping hole near the end. Ugh.

It’s a little nerve wracking. There’s a famous writer (I can’t remember his name at the moment) who said to entertain the reader on every page. I couldn’t agree more with him. I want the sparks to fly off the page. I want to entertain my readers and leave them eager to read my next book. Hopefully with a little luck they’ll remember my name when the next one comes out.

(Fingers crossed).

No comments: